Skip to content
Profile – Matt Kerin
- Name: Matt Kerin
- Hometown: A quaint village just outside the M25.
- College: Keble
- Degree: DPhil in Genomic Medicine & Statistics
- Previous education: MMath in Oxford
- Cycling discipline(s): Primarily a time triallist.
- First cycling club: OUCC
- First race: Probably Cuppers 2015? It was a revelation that being aero is important in a time trial.
- Best result: Probably top 20 in the BUCS 25m 2017
- Pre-race ritual: Banana, run out of time whilst getting changed, warm up via a sprint to the start line.
- Favourite ride: The Oxford chaingang – 6pm on a Tuesday at the junction of Banbury road & Marston ferry road. See you there 😉
- Longest ride: 222km with Thibaut Lienart, av 31kmph. He gave me 2 days notice that he wanted to break 250km (I negotiated downwards) after I visited him in France following a week’s cycling holiday.
- Favourite ride food: Banana.
- Favourite pro: the soon to be Isaac Mundy – watch this space.