Skip to content
Profile – Tamara Davenne
- Name: Tamara Davenne
- Hometown: Mouscron, Belgium
- College: Merton
- Degree: D.Phil in Infection, Immunology & translational medicine
- Previous education: Master’s degree in molecular and cellular biology
- Cycling discipline(s): Road & MTB
- First cycling club: Oxford University Cycling Club
- First race: Hillingdon crit 2015
- Favourite race (to ride): Town centre crits
- Best result: Winning a stage of the 3 days of Bedford (2017 Women’s Team Series) after having won the BUCS Road Race/Crit double a few weeks before
- Pre-race ritual: being relaxed
- Greatest ride: 100km before breakfast on solstice day
- Longest ride: 100miles – I am not a long distance cyclist!
- Favourite ride food: I can give you my favourite pre-ride breakfast which is peanut butter and Nutella on toast with a cappuccino. It always makes me happy, the best way to start a ride or a race.
- Favourite pro: Philippe Gilbert
- Favourite race (to watch): Tour de France
- First race you saw in person: a stage of the TdF close to my home town, when the TdF went through Belgium more than 10 years ago!